I have been busy this past week preparing for Valentine’s Day. I have been making treats to hand out to friends and family. My first card has a turning wheel that opens a door inside so the treats can easily be removed. The shade of pink does not exactly match the hearts on the card but the M& M’s will taste great anyway.
This fun card was created with the following supplies:
Paper: Pink Piroquette CS, Whisper White CS, Love Impressions DSP
Ink: Basic Grey, Pink Piroquette
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sweetheart
Accessories: Sweet Treat Cup, Silver Brad, Grey Satin Ribbon (retired), Full heart punch, and Paper piercer
To create this card you will need to:
1. Cut a 4- 3/4″ circle in Whisper White. This will create your wheel. Take your circle and with your paper piercer make a hole for your brad directly in the center of the circle. It will help if you make a circle of the same size out of a scrap of light weight paper, fold it in 4ths. When you open it up you will be able to see where the fold lines cross and that will be the center. Line this up your wheel to help you center the hole on your wheel.
2. Cut a piece of Pink Piroquette CS that measures 8-1/2″ X 5-1/2″ and fold it in half to create a card base that measures 5-1/2 ” X 4-1/4″.
3. Then cut a piece that measures 5-1/2″ X 4″ of the Love Impressions paper. Attach it to the front of your card along the bottom edge only with adhesive. Don’t stick the top half down yet as you will need to attach your ribbon and cut your slit first.
4. Cut a slit through the front of the card and the DSP at 3- 3/4″ from the bottom edge which will be about 3/4″ from the fold in the card at the top. Cut it starting at 1/2″ in from the side edge and cut to the other side but stop 1/2″ from the edge. This will create an opening for your wheel to slip through.
5. Put your ribbon on next. It will need to be along the bottom edge of the slit you cut but only around the DSP. When that is in place, then finish sticking down the DSP to the Card base at the top. Make sure the slit you cut through both the CS and the DSP at the same time, still lines up.
6. On the inside of the card, make a small mark in the crease that shows the center of the card, It should be marked at 2-3/4 inches. Slide the bottom edge of the Card into the Full heart punch as far as it will reach and line the mark you made up with the center of the punch. Punch through both the DSP and the CS.
7. Slip the wheel from the inside of the card through your slit. Then use your paper piercer to create a hole in the front of the card that lines up with hole the wheel. You can then put your brad through them both.
8. Using your heart punch, punch a hole through the wheel that lines up with the hole in the card.
9. Next you will be making a panel for the inside of your card to cover the wheel. Out of the Pink Piroquette, cut a piece of paper that is 5-3/8″ X 4-1/8″. Center it inside over the wheel and punch a hole through it also with your heart punch. You should have the front, the wheel, and the inside card panel all with a heart hole punched through them that line up together.
10. Put your Sweet Treat Cup thorough the front of the card but between the wheel and the front. Do Not remove the paper backing on the cup. Then you will cover the wheel with your panel. Glue it in place on the inside of your card with your adhesive. Only place your adhesive along the fold line in the card at the top and the bottom two corners. Do not glue the bottom center or side centers as it will interfere with the turning of the wheel.
11. Turn your wheel so that the heart hole you have punch is not able to be seen as this will close off your hole. Stamp your sentiment along the top of the wheel. I also stamped a small heart all along the edge of the wheel.
12. Stamp the scallop heart from the Sweetheart stamp set on a scrap of white cs. The punch the center out with the heart punch. Use your scissors and cut around the heart. Sponge the edge with Basic Grey ink. Use stamping dimensionals to put in on the front of the card around the Sweet Treat cup.
13. Turn your wheel to open the cup up and fill with candy and then close it again.
The next project I made was much more simpler. These made up in a jiffy.
No stamps needed for this project. You will need the following supplies and tools:
Real Red CS, Love Impressions DSP, 1/8″ Red satin ribbon, Small Cellophane bag, Top Note Die, Big Shot, Hershey’s Hugs.
1. Cut a bag topper for each treat out of the DSP and the CS.
2. Trim the DSP on the perforated trim line. Then adhere it to the CS. Score it across the center on the wrong side so it will fold in half.
3. Fill the cellophane bag with the Hugs.
4. Staple the cellophane bag into the topper you made with one staple.
5. Cover the staple with the ribbon and tie a bow. Putting a small amount of snail over the staple will hold the ribbon in place.
My last project was one that I saw by another demonstrator but I could not find it again so I don’t know who to give the credit to. I used the red alphabet specialty paper that came with the Love Impressions DSP. These were also simple and a lot of fun.
For this you will need:
Love Impressions DSP, Full heart Punch, small cellophane bags filled with treats, Pretty in Pink 5/8″ satin ribbon, Three Heart Punch, Pink Piroquette CS.
1. Each Treat holder will be cut at 3-1/4″ X 6″. Insert into the Full heart Punch as far as it will reach and center it between the sides. Make sure your letters are going the same direction as the heart.
2. From the other end, score it at 3/8″ and at 3-1/8″.
3. Fill your cellophane bag only half way, fold it over and use some snail adhesive to hold it shut.
4. Crease your treat holder on the score lines. Put some snail to hold the treat bag in place, centered under the punched heart.
5. Put some Red sticky tape along the bottom on the 3/8″ section. This tape will hold the best. Stick the treat holder shut. The back will be slightly rounded over the treat.
6. Tie a piece of Pretty Pink satin ribbon in a knot on the right side.
7. Punch a small heart with the Three heart punch with the Pink Piroquette CS. Use some snail to stick it to the cellophane bag through the Full Heart Punch shape.