Everyone had a really great time making this cute make and take card. It is using the new “Create a Cupcake” stamp set and coordinating “Build a cupcake” punch. These are new items from the Occasions mini catalog. That is one thing I love about Stampin Up, is the coordinating stamps and punches!
This also uses that really cute Framed Tulips Embossing Folder. This goes with just about anything you can imagine to put on a card. I also used the Perfect Polka-dots embossing folder to add some texture and interest to the cupcake frosting.
You can see on the right my smudges. I had ink on my fingers and that really doesn’t come off if you touch where you shouldn’t. Good to be aware so you don’t ruin your card at the last minute. I showed it anyway as it is a good example of what not to do and the ladies did so much better than me with that and they all ended up with a really cute take home.
Create a cupcake
So Happy for You (Free celebration Item)
Early Espresso, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight
Crumb Cake, Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, Daffodil Delight Card stock
Framed Tulips and Perfect Polka-dots Embossing Folders
Build A Cupcake Punch and the Boho Blossoms punch
1. 8 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ piece of Crumb Cake and fold it in half. Then emboss one half with the framed tulips emboss folder. Then sponge the edges with early espresso ink.
2. Emboss scraps of Rose Red, Pretty in Pink, and Daffodil Delight card stock using the perfect polka-dots embossing folder and punch out the frosting tops using your punch. Save a cherry for one of your cupcakes. Then sponge the edges with the coordinating ink. This will really make them pop.
3. Punch a small flower out of Rose Red card stock using the Boho Blossoms punch. Sponge the edges of this with the Rose Red ink.
4. Stamp three of the cupcake papers with Early Espresso Ink onto a scrap of Crumb Cake card stock and punch them out using the punch. I did two of one design and one of the other just for variety.
5. Cut a piece of Rose Red card stock for layering – 4 3/8″ X 3 1/8″.
6. Cut a piece of White card stock at 4 1/4″ X 3″.
7. Stamp Birthday wishes in Rose Red at the top of the white card stock piece.
8. Assemble your cupcakes and adhere them to the card. Place a cherry on one, tie your hemp twine around the middle one and put the flower with the little rhinestone on the third one. I used a glue dot to put the one down with the hemp twine as the twine makes it stick out a little on the card and this will hold it down a little better.