Archive for the ‘Valentines’ Category
I have been busy this past week preparing for Valentine’s Day. I have been making treats to hand out to friends and family. My first card has a turning wheel that opens a door inside so the treats can easily be removed. The shade of pink does not exactly match the hearts on the card but the M& M’s will taste great anyway.
Paper: Pink Piroquette CS, Whisper White CS, Love Impressions DSP
Ink: Basic Grey, Pink Piroquette
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Sweetheart
Accessories: Sweet Treat Cup, Silver Brad, Grey Satin Ribbon (retired), Full heart punch, and Paper piercer
To create this card you will need to:
1. Cut a 4- 3/4″ circle in Whisper White. This will create your wheel. Take your circle and with your paper piercer make a hole for your brad directly in the center of the circle. It will help if you make a circle of the same size out of a scrap of light weight paper, fold it in 4ths. When you open it up you will be able to see where the fold lines cross and that will be the center. Line this up your wheel to help you center the hole on your wheel.
2. Cut a piece of Pink Piroquette CS that measures 8-1/2″ X 5-1/2″ and fold it in half to create a card base that measures 5-1/2 ” X 4-1/4″.
3. Then cut a piece that measures 5-1/2″ X 4″ of the Love Impressions paper. Attach it to the front of your card along the bottom edge only with adhesive. Don’t stick the top half down yet as you will need to attach your ribbon and cut your slit first.
4. Cut a slit through the front of the card and the DSP at 3- 3/4″ from the bottom edge which will be about 3/4″ from the fold in the card at the top. Cut it starting at 1/2″ in from the side edge and cut to the other side but stop 1/2″ from the edge. This will create an opening for your wheel to slip through.
5. Put your ribbon on next. It will need to be along the bottom edge of the slit you cut but only around the DSP. When that is in place, then finish sticking down the DSP to the Card base at the top. Make sure the slit you cut through both the CS and the DSP at the same time, still lines up.
6. On the inside of the card, make a small mark in the crease that shows the center of the card, It should be marked at 2-3/4 inches. Slide the bottom edge of the Card into the Full heart punch as far as it will reach and line the mark you made up with the center of the punch. Punch through both the DSP and the CS.
7. Slip the wheel from the inside of the card through your slit. Then use your paper piercer to create a hole in the front of the card that lines up with hole the wheel. You can then put your brad through them both.
8. Using your heart punch, punch a hole through the wheel that lines up with the hole in the card.
9. Next you will be making a panel for the inside of your card to cover the wheel. Out of the Pink Piroquette, cut a piece of paper that is 5-3/8″ X 4-1/8″. Center it inside over the wheel and punch a hole through it also with your heart punch. You should have the front, the wheel, and the inside card panel all with a heart hole punched through them that line up together.
10. Put your Sweet Treat Cup thorough the front of the card but between the wheel and the front. Do Not remove the paper backing on the cup. Then you will cover the wheel with your panel. Glue it in place on the inside of your card with your adhesive. Only place your adhesive along the fold line in the card at the top and the bottom two corners. Do not glue the bottom center or side centers as it will interfere with the turning of the wheel.
11. Turn your wheel so that the heart hole you have punch is not able to be seen as this will close off your hole. Stamp your sentiment along the top of the wheel. I also stamped a small heart all along the edge of the wheel.
12. Stamp the scallop heart from the Sweetheart stamp set on a scrap of white cs. The punch the center out with the heart punch. Use your scissors and cut around the heart. Sponge the edge with Basic Grey ink. Use stamping dimensionals to put in on the front of the card around the Sweet Treat cup.
13. Turn your wheel to open the cup up and fill with candy and then close it again.
The next project I made was much more simpler. These made up in a jiffy.
No stamps needed for this project. You will need the following supplies and tools:
Real Red CS, Love Impressions DSP, 1/8″ Red satin ribbon, Small Cellophane bag, Top Note Die, Big Shot, Hershey’s Hugs.
1. Cut a bag topper for each treat out of the DSP and the CS.
2. Trim the DSP on the perforated trim line. Then adhere it to the CS. Score it across the center on the wrong side so it will fold in half.
3. Fill the cellophane bag with the Hugs.
4. Staple the cellophane bag into the topper you made with one staple.
5. Cover the staple with the ribbon and tie a bow. Putting a small amount of snail over the staple will hold the ribbon in place.
My last project was one that I saw by another demonstrator but I could not find it again so I don’t know who to give the credit to. I used the red alphabet specialty paper that came with the Love Impressions DSP. These were also simple and a lot of fun.
For this you will need:
Love Impressions DSP, Full heart Punch, small cellophane bags filled with treats, Pretty in Pink 5/8″ satin ribbon, Three Heart Punch, Pink Piroquette CS.
1. Each Treat holder will be cut at 3-1/4″ X 6″. Insert into the Full heart Punch as far as it will reach and center it between the sides. Make sure your letters are going the same direction as the heart.
2. From the other end, score it at 3/8″ and at 3-1/8″.
3. Fill your cellophane bag only half way, fold it over and use some snail adhesive to hold it shut.
4. Crease your treat holder on the score lines. Put some snail to hold the treat bag in place, centered under the punched heart.
5. Put some Red sticky tape along the bottom on the 3/8″ section. This tape will hold the best. Stick the treat holder shut. The back will be slightly rounded over the treat.
6. Tie a piece of Pretty Pink satin ribbon in a knot on the right side.
7. Punch a small heart with the Three heart punch with the Pink Piroquette CS. Use some snail to stick it to the cellophane bag through the Full Heart Punch shape.
A photo really does not do it justice. The plate embosses the words into the paper. I only inked the one large “Love” with real red craft ink on the letter press and ran white paper through the Big Shot with it. I then decided to take a sponge and sponge color onto the card and was amazed at the effect. The sponging made the other “love” words stand out to but in a different way. I used Real Red and a touch of Cherry Cobbler classic ink pads for most of the sponging and then a small bit of white craft ink to add some highlights. Then I tore the right edge layered that on white cs with the same tore edge and then again on my red card base. I added the ribbon to the letter “V” which I thought was a nice touch. The little hearts were stamped on white CS with real red ink using the “Love You Much” stamp set. It is one stamp with three hearts and then I took my coordinating punch and punched them out. I decided to give them the glossy look by using a product called “Crystal Effects”. Stampin’ Up! sells this in the catalog. A fun product. It requires some dry time but it makes any stamp almost into an embellishment. I also sprinkled some of my “Dazzling Diamonds” glitter onto the Crystal Effects before it dries to make them sparkle. Then I cut them out and put them on the card.
I got my daughter and myself the Simply Adorned Charm necklaces for Christmas. It will be fun to see what we can create to wear. This is the 1″ x 1- 1/4″ size. I put together this for the upcoming Valentine Holiday but it is cute to anytime of the year. The fact that these are made like a locket is the cool part. Just slip in a different creation and you have a whole new theme and look.
I used the Real Red Brights Patterns DSP for my background. Then on one side I stamped directly on the paper in Basic Black ink using the Large Tag Punch set. I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the small little heart for and accent and added interest.
On the other side and where the glass is beveled I stamped on Whisper White card stock with Real Red ink. For this I used the Love You Much stamp set. You can cut the heart out but the Heart to Heart punch makes it quick and easy to get a nice trim job. I love the coordinating punches and stamps! For added interest on this side again used the Dazzling Diamonds glitter and then just glued it on the paper.
Finishing touch: A piece of 5/8″ Real Red Satin ribbon tied just above the charm on the chain.
400-101 70-410 200-120 MB2-703 070-462 70-462 70-461 070-410 JN0-102 70-411 C_TADM51_731 C4090-958 70-483 EX300 070-461 MB2-702 C2180-278 HP0-J73 ICBB 070-246 070-341 070-417 070-457 070-458 1Z0-481 1Z0-599 300-207 70-246 70-414 A00-240 C_TAW12_731 070-684 070-687 1Z0-051 1Z0-060 1Z0-478 1Z0-485 1Z0-897 200-120 220-801 500-201 1Z0-062 1Z0-597 CAS-001 LX0-101 N10-005 SY0-301 SY0-401 E05-001 200-120 300-101 70-410 70-411 sy0-401 220-801 1z0-051 1z0-803 vcp550 2v0-621d ex0-001 400-051 700-303 200-120 700-038 700-101 642-467 500-452 300-209 210-060 300-075 600-601 700-702 220-802 400-101 646-206 700-501 70-480 C4040-108 MB2-701 200-120 300-101 70-410 70-411 sy0-401 220-801 1z0-051 1z0-803 vcp550 2v0-620 2v0-621 70-461 070-410 JN0-102 70-411 C_TADM51_731 C4090-958 70-483 EX300 070-461 70-410 70-410 70-411 70-412 70-413 70-414 70-463 70-488 C_HANATEC131 C2090-303 C2090-614 FCNSP.v5 MB5-705 070-247 070-347 070-463 300-206 70-243 400-101 70-410 050-SEPROAUTH-02 200-120 MB2-703 070-462 70-462 70-461 070-410 JN0-102 70-411 C_TADM51_731 C4090-958 70-483 EX300 070-461 MB2-702 MB7-702 220-802 400-101 646-206 700-501 70-480 C4040-108 MB2-701 070-411 100-101 640-554 700-505 70-457 70-460 C2150-197 EX0-001 070-243 70-466 C_THR12_66 C4040-225 1Z0-061 70-347 C4090-452 VCP-550 070-177 070-412 70-417 70-463 70-488 C_HANATEC131 C2090-303 C2090-614 FCNSP.v5 MB5-705 070-247 070-347 070-463 300-206 70-243 74-325 C2020-622 C2030-283 C2090-540 C2180-278 HP0-J73 ICBB 070-246 070-341 070-417 070-457 070-458 1Z0-481 1Z0-599 300-207 70-246 70-414 A00-240 C_TAW12_731 C4030-670 C4040-224 C4090-450 C4120-783 EX200 MB2-700 MB3-700 MB6-869 OG0-093 VCP-510 VCP550 070-178 070-331 070-467 070-667 070-684 070-687 1Z0-051 1Z0-060 1Z0-478 1Z0-485 1Z0-897 200-120 400-101 70-410 050-SEPROAUTH-02 200-120 MB2-703 070-462 70-462 70-461 070-410 JN0-102 70-411 C_TADM51_731 C4090-958 70-483 EX300 070-461 MB2-702 MB7-702 220-802 400-101 646-206 700-501 70-480 C4040-108 MB2-701 070-411 100-101 640-554 700-505 70-457 70-460 C2150-197 EX0-001 070-243 70-466 C_THR12_66 C4040-225 1Z0-061 70-347 C4090-452 VCP-550 070-177 070-412 70-417 70-463 70-488 C_HANATEC131 C2090-303 C2090-614 70-410